Our Security Assessment Process Approach:
During a Physical Security Assessment, Armed Protective Services examines all aspects of your security program. We'll identify the weaknesses and follow up with suggestions for security improvements. Additionally, we'll cite opportunities to reduce costs and increase security operations efficiencies.
Our approach has been in practice and successful for more than 1,000 assessments at a wide variety of different types of corporate, institutional, and governmental facilities over the past thirty-five years. The Armed Protective Services, LLC methodology follows a structured, formal analysis process that allows us to develop a deep understanding of your business, operating conditions, corporate culture, and unique security risks and threats.
Our consultants facilitate the assessment every step of the way, keeping the project on track, and key stakeholders informed. While client involvement is crucial to success, we understand the value of your time. Our engagements with your team are planned and scheduled, and conducted efficiently to minimize the impact on your organization's productivity. The goal is to achieve a comprehensive understanding of the major operating and support departments within your organization. Structured engagements with your team may include members of senior management (CEO, CFO, CIO, etc.), department heads, and those who serve in roles directly related to security, such as building receptionist’s, security officers, and shipping/receiving personnel. These sessions typically lasts between 30 and 45 minutes.
Generally, our most in-depth contact is with the person serving as the “security manager” for the facility. This may be an actual security manager, the facilities manager, or another member of your team charged with managing the security function for the organization. This engagement covers a wide array of detail, and typically takes 2 to 3 hours. After this engagement, we ask this person to give us guided access to the facility in order to conduct further security analysis.
A key element to serving our clients is ensuring that essential security controls are properly implemented on cloud systems that process, store, and/or transmit Client Sensitive Data. Armed Protective Services, LLC subscribes to the FEDRAMP compliant DocuSign SaaS (software as a service) in order to ensure that Client Sensitive Data is stored in a cloud environment that provides the level of security commensurate with specific needs to protect Government information.
Security Assessment Process Methodology:
1. Gather Documentation. Prior to coming to your site, we will request a number of documents for our use during the assessment. This inquiry may include plans of the site and buildings, copies of any existing security policies and procedures, samples of various types of forms, company telephone directory, employee handbook, and other similar items. We only want what you already have; if there is something on our request list that is not available, it is not a problem.
2. Key Client Engagements. After our initial review of the provided documentation, we conduct individual interview sessions with key members of your team. This process may take days or weeks depending on the size of the organization and availability of your team members.
3. Site Inspections. At the conclusion of the interviews we perform detailed inspections of certain areas of the facility and site. This includes extended periods of time observing certain areas of your facility, such as the building lobby or shipping/receiving loading docks.
This also involves observation at night and technical tasks such as lighting measurements in your parking lots and other areas of the site. This opportunity allows us to observe how your facility operates at night, and to assess the surrounding neighborhood during the hours of darkness.
4. Client Engagement to Discuss Findings that Require Immediate Attention. At the conclusion of our visit to your site, we will meet with you to give you an update on our progress and to discuss the next steps in the process. At this point it may be possible to offer some preliminary findings and recommendations, but in most cases, we will need time to process and analyze the data gathered before we can give you any meaningful guidance.
5. Prepare Client Documentation. As part of the Security Assessment process, we identify your critical assets, analyze potential threats, review loss history, study crime forecasts for your site, evaluate existing security measures, and identify potential weaknesses and areas for improvement. This process concludes with a written Security Assessment Report.
Examined Components During the Formal Assessment Preparation:
During preparation, it is common to uncover anomalies that require further investigation and analysis. In most cases, this requires return to the site to conduct additional interviews or to examine certain things more closely. We may also request additional documentation or information at this time.
6. When the draft Security Assessment Report is completed, we send it to you for review. Upon completion of your review, we meet to review the report in detail and address your questions and concerns. Your final input drives development of our final Security Assessment Report that incorporates your comments. If desired, we can make a formal presentation of the Security Assessment Report to your senior management team or others.
Independent & Follow On Services:
At the conclusion of the assessment process, we remain available to assist you with implementation of the recommendations contained within our report. This can include identifying vendors and sources of products and services, reviewing bid proposals, developing security policies and procedures, providing training, or assisting in other ways you request.
Contact us today for a free, no-obligation quotation on what it would cost for us to conduct a Security Assessment for your facility.
ARMED PROTECTIVE SERVICES, LLC
FREE CONSULTATION - 217-313-0094